New York Medicaid provides health insurance for low-income families, individuals, and pregnant women. The program has various benefits, which are enough to cover most needy families and individuals. Medicaid also provides transportation services and emergency medical care.
The program is only available to the residents of New York. Legal aliens can also apply for Medicaid coverage. Families and individuals applying for the program will have to provide proof of their income and resources to prove that they meet the financial requirements of the program.
When you apply for Medicaid in New York, you will have to provide proof of your income as well as citizenship and residence. If you apply for the Medicaid program without these documents, your application will be rejected in part and you will have to apply again.
If you are qualified for Medicaid coverage in New York, you will be able to enjoy various benefits such as doctor visits, mental and dental health care, vision-related services, inpatient and outpatient services, nursing services, home nursing services, transportation, and medicines. The insurance program ensures that beneficiaries are comprehensively covered through the program.
If you are applying for Medicaid, you will qualify if:
- You are a resident of the state of New York
- You are a citizen of the U.S or a legal alien
- You have medical expenses beyond your income
- You receive support from Supplementary Security Income (SSI)
Apart from these two requirements, you will also be required to meet certain income and resources-related requirements. These financial requirements will mainly decide whether you get Medicaid free, with co-payments, or disqualified to receive any insurance coverage through the program.
About Elder Healthcare Medicaid Application
Elder health care services believe that receiving the Medicaid you deserve, should be as simple as possible. Let’s take care of our loved ones, and provide them with the best health care, by following a few quick and easy steps.
Why Elder Healthcare Services?
- Easy Process- Application requirements are daunting, applications can get exhausting, and rejection is usual. Let’s facilitate matters and make your life easier!
- Care & Assistance- We help our clients in achieving their goals for better health & a greater life. With our support, we can help find the perfect caregiver just for you.
- Excellent Customer Services- Our experienced team is always ready to assist and support you, alleviating any issues or concerns you may have. Get started today!
Our step-by-step process can guide you through it all!
First, we meet- We take the time to walk you through every step of the process & make sure you’re comfortable moving forward. Then we’ll let you know exactly what we need to get started. We’re happy to offer home visits as well.
Then we apply- Our busy lifestyles can prevent us from doing the simplest of things, That is why our team will personally hand-deliver your application to Medicaid, avoiding the unnecessary hassle, stress, and time
Our Care- You’ve just been approved, we can now assure you the best healthcare, putting our patients first so they enhance in life and excel in care, knowing the people you love are being taken care of.
- Medicaid Applications- We’ll let you know what documents we need, and help you get them together. We’ll make sure everything is organized and in order before we hand deliver the application for approval. Of course, we’ll handle any surprises that may come up.
- Code Removals- There’s no need to worry! Our team knows the system better than anyone, and we can clear it up for you quickly and effectively!
- Pool Income Trust- There is this myth, that anyone making too much money monthly will not qualify for the best type of Medicaid (LTC Medicaid). That is simply not true! With a Pooled Income Trust, (PIT) everyone qualifies. A Pooled Income Trust is a third-party bill paying service, whereby the government will be able to see that you are paying bills with your excess income. As long as the additional money is going towards your bills via the PIT, you will definitely qualify for Medicaid.
- Home visits for a consult- We’re more than happy to come to visit you at your convenience in the comfort of your home. We take pride in taking the time to answer all your questions and going the extra mile to make sure you get all the coverage you need.
- Re-certification- Don’t worry about reapplying year after year; EHS will take care of it and make sure you get your coverage for the next 12 months.
- Home care referrals- Now that you’re covered, it’s time to find you the perfect home care, provider. We put our ever-growing network and years of experience to use by pairing you with the agency or person that matches your exact requirements.
- CDPAP (Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program)- The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program is also a great option if you’re looking for a caregiver that you know. This program allows you to choose a friend or family member as your home care provider (once they get certified). We can help you get set up and settled from A to Z.
We collaborate to provide joy and comfort to the elderly and empower them to make changes in their lives for a brighter future. We can accomplish this by aiding them in receiving the care they need. We believe leaving an impact on people, brings happiness. Turning closed doors into open pathways and being part of the solution is what matters most, get started today and apply for Medicaid with elderly health care services.
Proof of Citizenship
- Us Passport (can be expired)
- Birth Certificate
- Naturalization Certificate
- Green card
- NY Driver ID ( Not Ideal )
Proof of Social Security Number
- Social Security Card
- 1099 from social security
Proof of Medicare Number
- Medicare Card (blue, green, red card)
- Social Security Award Letter
Proof of Marital Status
- Marriage License
- Letter from Clergy Member Starting they are married
- Divorce decree
- Death Certificate for spouse
- Never Married
Proof of Income
- Social Security Award Letter (if cannot be obtained, this should not hold up Application)
- Proof of Pension
- Proof of IRA Distribution
- Proof of Holocaust Application (If Applicable)
Supplemental Health Insurance
- Both are required if Applicable
- Proof of frequencies (Bill , Letter, Multiple Bank Statements
- Proof of Payment
- Not Applicable
- Copy of Card (Front or back)
Financial Bank Statements in Name & Joint
- Current Bank Statements for all accounts
- Prepay Card for Direct Deposit of SSA (Front & Back)
Other Assets Select all that are relevant
- Life Insurance (Cash Value)
- Annuity (Not receiving distribution)
Proof of Residence-Showing Complete Address
- Utility Bill
- Letter from Landlord/Owner of Residence
- Rent Maintenance Bill or Receipt
- Family Letter, also need a bill in their Name at that address
Spousal Refusal Cases only (Needed from refusing spouse)
- Supporting Documentation to be discussed
- Spousal Refusal Forms to be signed by refusing spouse and Applicant
Power of Attorney Form (If Applicable)
- NYS Power of Attorney (POA)
- Statutory Gift Rider
Signed Documents Required
- Five Documents Requiring Applicant Signature
Irrevocable Trust with Schedule A
(Provide all relevant items)
- Financial/Bank Statements
- Stock Bonds
- Life Insurance
- Green card
Medicaid Card (Benefit Card) if applicable
Please advise, you may be eligible for additional benefits once Medicaid has been approved
For more information, visit our website at https://www.elderhcs.com/
Contact Person: Bobby Mendelovitz
Address: 2361 Nostrand Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11210